Saturday, March 15, 2008

You can forget all your troubles, forget all your worries and go...

Last weekend was a bust. I tried really hard to get out of my dorm, but come Saturday night, I still had nothing to show for my weekend. So I gave up trying to get people together and got my camera and headed to down town Provo in search of an adventure.
My initial idea was that I was going to see if Provo had any cool alleyways. I mean, if you're going to find an adventure, you're bound to find one in an alleyway right? I know what you're thinking--I wasn't looking for that kind of adventure. But the problem with Provo is that all of their alleyways are clean. I'm talking about hedges, lights, and concrete paths. How am I supposed to find something cool with everything so clean? I mean, there aren't even any good rubbish piles that someone could have dumped a dead body! This was probably the most dubious alleyway I found.


Okay, so plan A didn't work out so well. No problem. I just kept walking. I figured that I'm still bound to find something interesting. I pass the courthouse where a bunch of kids who must have just gotten back from prom were hanging out. This struck me as odd. I mean, why would they just get out of their limo and sit down on the well lighted steps of the Provo courthouse? What ever happened to finding a dark alleyway to make out in? Oh, right, there aren't any dark alleyways in Provo. But seriously, a courthouse?
Once I got to the end of downtown, I double backed and walked into the Muse Cafe. This is the Muse Cafe.


I sat here for a few minutes looking at all of the pictures I'd taken of my escapade while sipping a really good cup of hot chocolate. This is a pretty cool picture. I liked it anyway.


I got another one and went outside and gave it to a hobo who was sitting in front of what I believe is the only non-LDS church in Provo. He is a nice guy, his name is Pat Guster. He honestly looked just like Willy Nelson. He says that he was sitting on the church steps so he could get a really good seat tomorrow.
After that, I kept on my way back to BYU. I stopped by this Chinese food place that sold me the stuff they were about to throw out for the day for 3 bucks. I should have taken that hint, but I was hungry. Actually, now that I think about it, there were a lot of hints. For instance, when I asked what was good there the guy said, "Well, the orange chicken is pretty good." "Pretty good?" That's where I should have just said no thank you. All of the food tasted the same though, but it did not sit well with me.

Provo must have been founded before fun was invented

Hugs and Kisses,
Tom

No comments: