Sunday, June 29, 2008

Sunday Crosswords are too Hard

So I just got back from California last night. Or this morning. According to the nav system, the total car ride took 4 hours on the dot with an average speed of 78.1 mph and a top speed of 110. In case anyone was wondering.
I went to Pasadena to drive my mom to a wedding. While I was there I walked around a lot. There are a ton of cool things to see there. For example. I found the best thing ever.
Yeah, that's right. It's called Leninade. For those who know me, I love puns, and I love Communism. In fact, they're probably my two favorite things. Anyway, some of the quotes on the bottle are "Get Hammered and Sickled," and "Drink Comrade, Or It's Off to the Gulag!"
I found it after a night of walking through the streets of Pasadena after 11. First thing about Pasadena, you have to be 21 to go into any establishment that serves alcohol after 11. I didn't know this. And I was still curious to see the sights of Pasadena, so I kept walking around. I found a soda shop and found this. I kept on looking around just hoping I could share the moment with someone, but, alas, it was just me and the guy running the store.
After the soda store I went to Barnes and Noble and drank my delicious soda while reading a Jack Handey book. It was pretty funny. Then they kicked me out at 12. I kept on walking around a little bit. There were lots of clubs and ever more crazy people walking around. Plus, there were lots of street performers.
Anyway, it was a pretty good night.

2 comments:

EmilyCC said...

I still can't believe there's a Leninade and that it's not alcoholic. Oh, Tom, always a good self-entertainer.

Lanée Jensen said...

I wanna go toooooooooo. I first discovered Leninade my junior year in high school and had a grand old laugh over it. LOVE.